First off, I have to apologize because I’m seriously lacking in the creative department right now. So if this blog isn’t terribly inspired or ridden with wit, its because I’m simply in a rut. However I decided that since I’ve got a healthy stream of websites and blogs I frequent, it would be a good time to share those with any of you reading my blog. So here’s the break down, by frequency:
- Groupon – Ridiculous deals. Nuff said.
- Living Social – Ridiculous deals AND Getaways. I once saw an amazing deal for a Disneyland Good Neighbor hotel and I let the opportunity slip me by. I regret it all the time.
- Pinterest – OBSESSED with this website. It’s by invite only and frankly difficult to explain it’s function but basically a website that lets you share and catalog anything and everything on the web. You create “boards” based on things you want to “pin” (mine include “Foods I’ve got to learn to make”, “Party ideas” and “Crafty things and DIY”) and basically you have all these projects/recipes/cool sayings all saved in one place. I was wracking up a serious count in my bookmarks tab when I found Pinterest and it changed my life altogether. It’s a crafty domestic diva dream website come true.
- Facebook – Obvi. Anyone who knows me well knows that I do my share of facebook activity. I’ve ceased my obsession with facebook games such as Cityville and Hotel City because it took up 80% of my life. I could no longer allow Facebook to be my best friend.
- Gmail – Since UC Davis moved its Gecko Mail to Gmail, I’ve never looked back. I have my personal e-mail and work e-mail all in one place. Also I’m on gchat ALL day for when things get slow at work.
Blogs I can’t live without:
- Loving Life – I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty sure this is creepy but I have NO CLUE who this woman is. All I know is that she is lovely, takes amazing pictures and I can’t go more than 2 days without checking in on her life. She posts some wonderful recipes and her blog is what I envision my future Mommy blog to be like: relate-able, easy to read and full of my children’s crazy adventures. Check her out!
- The Problem with Young People Today is… – Funniest blog I’ve ever read in my life. Just read one entry and you’ll be hooked.
- The Tall Gringo – In case he doesn’t already have a million readers, I definitely adore Mike Hower’s Blog about teaching in Colombia. I don’t want to inflate his ego any more than it already is but it’s SUPER well written and gives an excellent account of Colombian living. Along with his witty repartee, I think he paints Colombia in a realistic but heartfelt way and somehow makes me feel like I could be crazy enough to visit someday.
- A Jenny for your Thoughts – One of my favorite college roommates ever, Jenny has a blog about postgrad life that I always look forward to reading. She doesn’t post nearly as much as I wish she would but when she does, it’s worth the read. When she writes, I can hear her literally telling the story as it is in the blog and that alone is worth the read. She’s so incredibly funny and her blog is amazing. READ IT.
- TravelGirl – One of my other college roommates Jackie has some of the most amazing travel adventures and a blog to prove it. Not only does she go cool places, but she has an amazing sense of humor that shines through in her writing. I could read Jackie’s blog all day, it is so witty and it doesn’t even seem like she tries hard at all to be so good at blogging!
- Salt and Nectar – An amazing Mommy blog written by two former lawyers from DC who have since settled in LA and Kentucky with their families. Both authors are named Sarah and the blog is such a refreshing and enjoyable read.
- TheBeautyDepartment – This blog literally became my favorite overnight because one of it’s editors is one of my fashion gurus, Lauren Conrad (yes from The Hills, go ahead and judge me). Everything on this blog is do-able and I’ve tried at least 4 tutorials they’ve shown. I LOVE LC.
- Oh Hello Friend – I consider this to be one of my hipster blogs, she posts super hip images of cool home decor, downtown LA or her lovely craft line. Her pictures are what really draw me to this blog and I love the discount deals she runs on different Etsy and up-and-coming jewelry companies. A very cool website.
- Tours Departing Daily – You knew I had to have a Disney related blog eventually right? It’s a website of Disney images taken by a series of photographers who clearly know their stuff. The pictures are beautiful and I even have one of their images as my desktop at work!
I know that’s a lot of websites but I spend a lot of time online!
Happy Thursday readers 🙂