I couldn’t let Easter slide by without a project so if you’re looking for something easy and quick for next Easter, try these!
Easter Bird Nests:
2 cups of chow mein noodles
1 cup chocolate or butterscotch chips (I opted for chocolate)
1/2 cup peanut butter
10 whopper robin egg candies
1. Melt your choice of chips and peanut butter (I did mine in the microwave). Mix well.
2. Add melted mixture to bowl of noodles.
3. Use a rubber spatula to gently toss the noodles with mixture and drop into clumps onto nonstick surface (*Cheap tip: I just use saran wrap!)
4. Hand form into “nests” (I just stuck my thumb down the center to give the eggs a place to sit).
5. Leave to dry until firm.
6. Add robin egg candies to heart’s content and enjoy!
(I added some pastel sprinkles to add more color)
Also, since today (April 10th) is National Sibling Day, here’s an homage to my very own munchkin and monster:
Aren’t they cute?!? I love them both so much!