Happy Friday everyone!
I have such AWESOME news to share with you all. There are 3 things:
1. My wallet has been found!!! The lovely people over at Muka have confirmed that a wallet was found. So besides the fact I canceled all my debit/credit cards, I will have everything back in my possession soon! I did a happy dance. I’m still kinda doing it.
2. My brother’s baseball team has gone undefeated and will be playing the Regional Championship on Saturday! We’ve beat Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii and our SoCal neighbors! The team is on fire, wish us luck!
3. And finally, I have the honor of introducing you to one of my BEST bloggy friends Rima from Bolu by Rima! She is so fabbity fab fab because she loves the Backstreet Boys, also has a BF named Rob (aka The Pillow) and she’s a frequent flash mobber (not to be confused with a flasher). Plus, she’s a full time nurse?! She rocks my socks. Read on my friends!
Hello Simply Evani Readers 🙂 I’m Rima, from Bolu by Rima, and the awesome Evani asked me to do a guest post for all of you! I was very delighted when she offered me to do so. Just like Evani, I love food. I love baking. Baking is one way for me to get through boredom. Eating what I bake is a different story, hahaha… So today I will share you one of my favorite things to bake, COOKIES.
I always browse around books and blogs for great recipes and adapted & tweaked them so I have my own version of the recipe.
Be prepared to drool. Let’s go.
I give you: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This recipe makes about 30 – 36 cookies (depends how big of a scoop you do!)
Things you need:
- A mixer. It can be the standing mixer (hello KitchenAid) with a pedal attachment or your favorite hand-held mixer with the whisk attachment
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheets
- Cookie Scooper (your cookies will look unified) – optional. 2 spoons would do!
- Cooling Rack
- Some bowls/ramekins to hold your ingredients
- iPod, streaming loud and clear for music -> this is a must. It makes baking way more fun
- Cute apron, if you will
- 2 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- optional: pinch of cinnamon, or fresh ground nutmeg, or all spice. Or all 3, if you’re a Spice Girl
- 2 sticks of oh so yummy Butter. Unsalted please. Room temperature.
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter. I use Jif, because it’s the #1 brand Mom’s trust (according to the package). If you like a little bite to your cookies, you can use the Crunchy Peanut Butter. I like mine soft and smooth, hence I use the Smooth Jif.
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar, packed really good
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs in Room Temperature (cool tip: you can bring your cold eggs in room temp quick by placing them in small bowl (un-cracked of course!) filled with warm water. It’ll be lukewarm in no time)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup of bittersweet chocolate chip, my favorite is by Ghiradelli. I’m not a big fan of super sweet cookies, so this would do for me. You can substitute it with any kind of chocolate you want. Hey, it’s your cookie!
- ¼ – ½ granulated sugar, in small bowl, where your cookie dough will be rolling in the deep
First and for most, pre-heat your oven while you’re getting your ingredients ready. That way, but the time you’re ready to bake, your oven is really to roll. Position your rack to the center of the oven and heat at 350F. Line up your baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl with a whisk and set aside.
With your mixer ready, beat the butter (medium speed) for about 2 minutes, until it’s smooth and creamy. Add the peanut butter and beat together until combined for 1 minute. By this time, I will start sampling some yummy butter to my mouth. Danger!
Add both brown & granulated sugar to the butter mix and beat for 2 – 3 minutes. It gets tastier by the minute! Then add the eggs, one by one, and beat for 1 minute per egg. Add vanilla, mix well. Grab your spatula and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to properly mix the batter.
Now on low speed add the dry ingredients, a little at a time. You don’t want flour to fly all over you (true story). Messy clean up 😦
Once ingredients are fully incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips with your handy dandy spatula. Now you’re ready to scoop! (Your batter would be a little soft and tender. Don’t worry)
With your fun cookie scooper, scoop a batter up and with your hands, roll the batter into a ball. Then cover the little ball with the sugar that’s in your small bowl. Once covered, place the balls on to your baking sheet, 2 inches apart. I usually fit 12 balls in one baking sheet. Then with your for, press on to the balls to flatten them out.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Once done, cool the cookies, while still on the sheet, on to the cooling rack for another 5 minutes. Then remove these flat disks of awesomeness from the sheet on to the cooling rack until they’re all cooled completely. Unless they’re heading straight in to your mouth.
Serve warm or serve cold, the cookies remain soft. I haven’t tried it yet with Crunchy Peanut Butters, so if any of you tried, let me know.
Now go grab a glass of cold milk, your favorite novel and indulge. Please do so, for me.
Thanks Evani for letting me host 🙂
I’m tellin you, check her out because she is one of the most genuine people I’ve met in the bloggy world! Plus her baked goods inspire me to do Simply Baking segments of my own all the time! She rocks!
So I’ve been SLOWLY making my way through my 280 unread count on Bloglovin (a fabbbulous place to bookmark and read all my favorite blogs) and it has not been easy! But I am determined to get that back to 0 (until next week when it’s all the way back to 1,000). Womp wompppp. Pity City – Population:1