Happy Thursday everyone!
So today is my Friday because I am OFF tomorrow! Woo hoo! I’m feeling so lucky lately that it felt like a good time to link up with Ashley for Thankfulness Thursdays.
The thing I’m most thankful for is the health of my family and friends. We can get so wrapped up in the long term picture (getting through school, paying off student loans, saving for a house, etc) that we forget what a blessing every day is. I found the Rockstar Ronan blog yesterday and I won’t lie, I cried. Bawled like a baby. If you have a some spare time and a few tissues, click away.
I’m thankful for the closeness of my family. My sister begged me for sister time so we went to get mani-pedis yesterday. Then my brother crawled into bed to watch TV with me before bed. They’re such a blessing to me.
My sister is a gangsta. And yes my dog is wearing a sweater.
I’m so thankful for the sweet comments on yesterday’s blog. I’ve got big dreams of starting up a party planning business someday and everyone’s comments meant a lot to me. Thank you. And yes, I’ll plan ALL your parties. Holler at me when I get going 😉
I’m thankful for my parents allowing me to live at home so that I can save for all the expenses of life. And it gives me the capabilities to take a few vacations (more on this later today…)
I love them!
Now a few “for fun” thank you’s:
I’m thankful that The Office at least gets a “farewell” season. Even if it makes me cry a little.
I miss you everyday Michael Scott. Source
I’m thankful for Starbucks having free wi-fi?!? When I worked at Starbucks 5 years ago, you totally had to pay. Also thankful for a Salted Caramel Mocha. YUM.
I’m thankful that the Backstreet Boys are back together and making a new CD!
I’m thankful for new fall TV like Go On and Guys with Kids. Hiiiiilarious.
I’m thankful that the Denver Broncos have my favorite quarterback ever. Peyton Manning and Denver was my NFL dream.
I’m thankful that Rob and I have annual passes to Disneyland so we can go as often as my little Prius can take us.
Luuuuucy, you’ve got some ‘splainin to do…
Okay so I have to address the fact that Rob and I are always “going somewhere”. We are not loaded, nor are we big travelers (yet) and I don’t want everyone to think I’m a vacationing
tool fool. So here are the facts:
1. I have a wonderful, well paying job working in the field with the major I graduated with. But at the end of the day, this position just isn’t what I want to do with my life. When you work a job that isn’t necessarily your passion, sometimes a weekend away isn’t just wanted, it’s needed. For my sanity. So more often then not, I’m begging Rob to venture into a different city for a day or two.
2. Along with the blessing that is my job, I’m given an extraordinary amount of vacation time that I’m forced to take. I know, pity me.
3. With my very first big girl paycheck, I bought a Prius for a steal. 2 years later, I swear that car has MADE me money, best car for travel ever! It was worth every penny (We can get to LA and back for roughly $70 in gas). I highly recommend the Prius, feel free to ask me any questions about it.
4. As AMAZING as my family is, I’m almost 24. Living at home. With a boyfriend of (almost) 7 years. Somedays, I just gotta get away for a day or two (and frankly, I’m sure they’re glad to have one less mouth to feed!).
5. For all you non-Californian readers, California is an AWESOME state (arguably the best one, duh). California is loaded with all different climates, cities, communities and frankly a ridiculous amount of beautiful places. One of the BEST parts of living in Sacramento is that nearly everything is only 2-3 hours away. 2 hours away from San Francisco, 2 hours away from Tahoe, 2.5 hours from Santa Cruz and only 1 hour away from Napa (wine country). City, snow, nature, beach, wine all in arms reach! Trust me, it’s a blessing and a curse. And LA is only a mere 6-7 hours away (an easy car ride for a Prius 😉 ). That gives us a LOT of places to go on the weekend.
6. Lastly, check out the prices for a Disneyland Annual Pass. We got the Premiums. We need our money’s worth right? You freakin bet we do.
So I mean, all these trips I take, they’re my little sanity-savers. And it’s easy, cheap(ish) and do-able since we are still without children. Still hate me and all my travels? Move to California, get a Prius and be my best friend so we can take trips together (seriously though, do it)!
Okay, now that I’ve explained myself (and our incessant travels), can we be friends again?
((Sidenote, all my sarcasm is out of love, if I were you guys, I TOO would wonder how in the world I get to “vacation” so often. No hard feelings, I LOVE YOU!)
On that note, we miiiiiiight driving to LA tonight. Plans are tentative but there is a 90% chance Rob and I will be reunited with our home away from home! (Disneyland meet up anyone?! 😉 ). Do you hate me again? Darn it.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram to travel with me!
HAPPY WEEKEND everyone!